UMBC’s faculty, staff, students and alumni in the Arts & Humanities think, create and engage! Read more about their work —
- Gun Show on WYPR’s Midday (9/29)
Gun Show artist David Hess and curator Kathy O’Dell discuss Gun Show with WYPR Midday host Tom Hall. Listen here.
- Maurice Berger writes for The New York Times (9/14)
Maurice Berger, research professor at the Center for Art, Design and Visual Culture, writes about “Making Chicano Life Visible,” on the important photographs of the newspaper turned magazine, La Raza, for The New York Times Lens Blog. Read more.
- Michelle Osherow, English, resident dramaturg at the Folger Theatre, in Broadway World (9/12)
Associate professor Michelle Osherow, the resident dramaturg at Washington, D.C.’s Folger Theatre, featured in Broadway World for her work on the upcoming production of Shakespeare’s Anthony and Cleopatra. Read more.
- Gun Show a pick of the week in BmoreArt! (9/5)
Gun Show, on display at the Center for Art, Design and Visual Culture, gets high marks. Read more.
- Gun Show featured in The Baltimore Sun (9/3)
The Baltimore Sun highlights Gun Show in its Fall 2017 Arts Guide! Read more.
- Scott Casper provides perspectives on Washington’s changing views on slavery (8/30)
Scott Casper, dean of the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, provides insight into President Washington’s changing views on slavery in an article in MyNorthwest. Read more.
- Courtney Hobson writes for Baltimore Heritage (8/29)
Courtney Hobson, coordinator for the Dresher Center for the Humanities, writes on key figures in diversifying Baltimore’s 20th century politics. Read more.
- Thomas Moore performs at the University at Buffalo (8/29)
The University of Buffalo’s Edge of the Center blog writes about an upcoming performance by Thomas Moore, UMBC’s director of arts and culture. Read more.
- Maurice Berger writes for The New York Times (8/28)
Maurice Berger, research professor at the Center for Art, Design and Visual Culture, writes about the photography of Gordon Parks for The New York Times Lens Blog. Read more.
- Man, Image, Idea featured in The Baltimore Sun (8/25)
The Baltimore Sun’s Tim Smith writes a major feature about Man, Image, Idea, on display at UMBC’s Library Gallery. Read more.
- Maurice Berger writes for The New York Times (8/21)
Maurice Berger, research professor at the Center for Art, Design and Visual Culture, writes about images from Charlottesville for The New York Times Lens Blog. Read more.
- Mark Alice Durant profiled in Bmore Art (7/31)
Mark Alice Durant, professor of visual arts, talks with Bmore Art about his new book, 27 Contexts: an anecdotal history in photography. Read more.
- Daniel Phoenix Singh ’00, dance, featured in The Washington Post (7/30)
Alumnus Daniel Phoenix Singh and his company, Dakshina/Daniel Phoenix Singh Dance Company, get noticed for their revival of choreography by Anna Sokolow. Read more.
- Jacqueline Pollauf gets kudos in The Baltimore Sun for her harp camp (7/19)
Jacqueline Pollauf, affiliate artist in music, runs a beloved summer camp for aspiring harpists! Read more.
- Amy Berbert ’17 on National Public Radio’s All Things Considered (7/13)
Amy Berbert ’17, visual arts, talks with National Public Radio about her year-long project, Stains on the Sidewalk. Read more.
Get the latest arts and culture stories from UMBC News!